The University of Florida’s Department of Landscape Architecture is seeking a visionary leader and educator who is committed to advancing issues of equity, diversity and inclusion to serve as Department Chair and Associate Director of the School of Landscape Architecture and Planning.
The position is a twelve-month appointment and is available from July 1st, 2021.
The Department offers programs leading to a professionally-accredited Master of Landscape Architecture, a College level PhD with a concentration in Landscape Architecture and the only professionally-accredited Bachelor of Landscape Architecture program in the State of Florida.
Our mission is further supported by interdisciplinary research pursued in integrative research centers including the Department’s Center for Landscape Conservation Planning, the College’s Florida Institute for Built Environment Resilience (FIBER) and the University’s Water Institute and Florida Climate Institute.
● Terminal degree (MLA, MALA, MLARCH) in landscape architecture or a related field represented in the College with at least one degree in landscape architecture
● Distinguished record in teaching, research or creative scholarship, and service, sufficient to merit tenure upon hire and promotion to full professor within 3 years of hire
● Substantial academic administrative experience including management of budgets, personnel, curriculum at undergraduate or graduate levels
● Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
● Demonstrated record of:
- advancing knowledge of landscape architecture and its evolving role in society and effectively communicating its value within government, industry, and academic sectors
- commitment to undergraduate and graduate education, engagement with students and promotion of student success
- successfully facilitating and mentoring faculty to support their work in private or public sectors
● Ph.D. and/or licensure in landscape architecture or a related field represented in the College
● Experience with professional program accreditation at undergraduate and/or graduate levels
● Establishing and implementing a strategic plan with clear goals and outcomes
● Working with intercollegiate, interdisciplinary and international partnerships and programs
● Experience with attracting, developing and retaining outstanding faculty and staff
● Experience in fundraising and working with donors
● Experience of working with advisory boards and maintaining strong relationships with alumni
● Experience with extramural funding for research and/or funding that supports creative scholarship
1) Letter of interest that details the applicant’s required and desired qualifications for this position;
2) Curriculum vita, including relevant administrative experience;
3) Selected work demonstrating the applicant’s research/scholarship, creative activity, teaching and/or outreach;
4) Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) references. References will be contacted only after communication with the applicant.
Application: Interested applicants must apply online at https://jobs.ufl.edu. The Job number is 65561. For full consideration, submissions should be received by November 30, 2020. The search committee will begin reviewing applications December 1, 2020, and the position will remain open until filled.
Inquiries: Inquiries should be directed to Professor Roberto Rengel, Search Committee Chair (Phone 352-294-1397 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The selection process will be conducted in accord with the provisions of Florida in the Sunshine and Public Records laws. Search Committee meetings and interviews will be open to the public; and all applications, CV and other documents related to the search will be available for public inspection. All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a review of criminal records, reference checks, and verification of education. Further information is available at http://www.dcp.ufl.edu