The Landscape Architecture (LA) Department in the College of Architecture & Environmental Design at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, is seeking applicants for a full-time lecturer position beginning September 14, 2023. The position requires a commitment for one academic year of full-time teaching with an opportunity to be reappointed for one additional year. Salary and teaching assignments will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The LA Department is a group of faculty and staff working to provide students with the best possible education to prepare them for the professional world. We are seeking candidates who share our commitment to teaching excellence within a comprehensive landscape architecture curriculum and who are grounded in professional experience.
1. A master’s or doctoral degree in landscape architecture or a related and complementary field. Where the master’s or doctoral degree is in a related or complementary field, the candidate shall have an undergraduate or master’s degree in landscape architecture and shall have evidence of experience in landscape architecture practice.
2. Evidence of potential for excellence in university-level teaching.
3. Evidence of potential for ongoing professional development that will keep the faculty member current with the profession of landscape architecture
4. Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
1. 3 years or more of professional experience relevant to the teaching areas for which the candidate is applying
2. Landscape Architecture License or demonstrated progress in the licensure process.
Primary responsibilities will be to teach in one or more of the following core subject areas:
- 2nd year and upper division studios
- Principles of Design Communication, 2 and 3D graphics, GIS, AutoCAD
- Landscape architecture construction - including construction document preparation and implementation strategies in upper and lower division studios
- Design with natural and cultural systems
- Green infrastructure, storm water management, climate adaptation strategies - including heat island, drought and sea level mitigation, landscape performance design and assessment, and interdisciplinary connections with green building technology
- Landscape ecology lecture class
Candidates with expertise in social justice design and/or sustainability and resilient design and construction techniques that promote resource conservation are encouraged to apply. The department is especially interested in candidates committed to support and success of first-generation and underrepresented students.
Rank and salary for lecturer faculty are based on professional experience and educational background and are determined by the hiring department. As of July 2022, the classification salary ranges for the respective ranks are:
Lecturer A: $4,530-$6,056
Lecturer B: $5,405-$11,994
Lecturer C: $6,190-$13,172
Lecturer D: $7,794-$13,797
At California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly’s values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility. Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. California Polytechnic State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Read more and apply at: https://jobs.calpoly.edu/en-us/job/520744/fulltime-lecturer-landscape-architecture