The Department of Landscape Architecture in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Mississippi State University is seeking applicants for a Teaching(78%)/Extension(22%) Assistant Professor. This position will be either a 9 or 12-month, tenure track appointment, located at the Starkville, MS campus starting on or after January 1, 2024.
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The mission of the Mississippi State University Department of Landscape Architecture is to foster the will and ability to plan, design, build, and manage regenerative communities. The department offers three degree programs: a 4-year Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, first and second professional Master of Landscape Architecture, and a B.S. in Landscape Contracting and Management. Our department is a recognized national leader within these disciplines. We are at the forefront of addressing many critical issues, including service-learning, water resources, green infrastructure, and the planning, design and development of healthy, resilient communities.
As a comprehensive department of a land grant university, the department embraces the land grant mission of teaching, research and community engagement through outreach and Extension.
To learn more about the Department of Landscape Architecture at Mississippi State University, please visit our website at www.lalc.msstate.edu.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
January 1, 2024.
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the landscape architecture and landscape contracting and management programs.
• Develop and maintain a scholarly/creative research agenda in an area of expertise through peer reviewed publications, presentations, design competitions, books, and/or awards.
• Develop and maintain an Extension program in the field of Landscape Architecture.
• Serve on graduate thesis committees for MLA students as well as departmental, college, and university committees.
• Other duties as necessary for the effective operation of the department.
• Terminal degree in landscape architecture or allied disciplines with at least one professional degree in landscape architecture from an accredited program.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
• A record of successful teaching or demonstrated potential for teaching in a university program.
• Experience in Extension programming and education, or a desire to develop Extension programming in the field of Landscape Architecture in the subject areas of the candidate’s choosing.
• Evidence of peer-reviewed scholarly/creative research, such as publications, presentations, design competitions, books, and awards.
• Capable of teaching in design, construction, and contracting sequences.
• Award-winning experience in a professional office.
• Having a license in landscape architecture or landscape contracting, or qualifications to be licensed.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submissions will be reviewed starting on September 1st with invitations for interviews soon after. The anticipated start date for the position is January 1, 2024.
All applicants must apply online at https://www.msujobs.msstate.edu/ and include a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, professional and/or teaching portfolio, three references, and their contact information. Applicants must also include a copy of their unofficial transcripts. For questions regarding the position contact Timothy Schauwecker, Department of Landscape Architecture, at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 1, 2023 until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.